To Schedule An Appointment
POSITION TITLE: Advancement Director
SUPERVISOR: Board President and Clinic Administrator
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Part Time – average of 25 hrs./wk.
STATUS: Exempt; At-Will Employee
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Advancement Director is a member of the senior leadership
team and is responsible for developing, managing and administering OLGFC’s fund
development and public relations plan. With the support of the Board President, Clinic
Administrator and the Board of Directors, the Advancement Director will implement a multi-level
advancement plan that will include major donors, corporate and business, foundation, endowment, special events and direct mail efforts. The Advancement Director is responsible for strengthening and diversifying OLGF’s funding, and will be supported by the Advancement Committee.
With the support of the Board President and Clinic Administrator the Advancement Director will lead the team responsible for raising awareness about the lack of equitable health care and the vital role that OLGFC plays in serving vulnerable and underserved members of our community.
The Advancement Director would ideally have the following skills and experience:
1.The ability to work cooperatively with different personalities and individuals of diverse
2. Superior oral and written communications skills; experienced public speaker, English language,grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation, business correspondence formats, telephone etiquette, filing principles.
3. Experience providing direct supervision to staff members, if any, and volunteers.
4. Flexibility (ability to meet Board and volunteer schedules).
5. Confidentiality (specifically of donor records and clients served).
6. Self-directed – can work with minimal supervision.
7. Working knowledge of computers, word processing and database management.
8. Willingness to use own mode of transportation in job capacity; possession of or eligibility
for valid Minnesota operator’s (driver’s) license.
9. Commitment to OLGFC’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
10. Any fundraising experience is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Fundraising Activities – The Advancement Director will lead the team responsible for raising the funds necessary for OLGFC to carry out its mission.
1. Realizing growth is a focal point for OLGFC, will help to identify, cultivate, pursue and retain
major donor and contributor support.
2. Assist the Board President, Clinic Administrator and Board of Directors to maintain strong
relationships with current foundation, major and individual donors.
3. Strategize on and implement efforts to secure new and untapped resources.
4. Draft annual and special appeals to build the individual giving base.
5. Assist with the growth of an endowment fund.
6. Assist Advancement Committee to produce special events and/or an annual appeal.
7. Receive, acknowledge and track all donor contributions, pledges, in-kind donations and other
8. Assist in the development, production and dissemination of support materials for fund raising
Public Relations Activities –The Advancement Director will lead the team responsible for raising awareness about the issue of lack of equitable health care and the vital role OLGFC plays in meeting the health needs of the underserved and marginalized in the community.
Oversee the design, implementation and management of an advancement campaign to establish OLGFC’s brand recognition.
1. Oversee the design, implementation and management of OLGFC’s visibility, media and
marketing campaigns for the purpose of fund development and OLGFC volunteer recruitment.
2. Maintain updated mailing lists, donor lists and donor profiles. Analyze fundraising data and
prepare reports as needed using Bloomerang donor retention software.
3. Oversee the design and production of OLGFC’s communications relative donor appreciation and recognition.
4. Support Advancement Committee; attend meetings and take minutes.
5. Coordinate research for potential grant proposals, and/or collaborative grant mining and writing with other resources.
6. Oversee the design and production of OLGFC’s newsletter, website, and social media presence.
7. Assist with program evaluation and production of the annual report.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Board President and Clinic Administrator.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. for bulk mailing, printing and supplies.
2. Required to read and produce written documents, pull reports from the computer. Use of
automobile is occasionally required.
3. Required to hear telephone and office equipment, communicate with staff and public by
telephone and in person. Required to hear sounds that may affect driving.
4. Required to enunciate and relay information in person and via telephone.
5. Physical dexterity to write, input and retrieve data from computer and operate office equipment
daily (computer, fax, calculator, telephone, copy machine). Ability to operate a motor vehicle as
6. Ability to read, produce, comprehend and analyze data daily.
OLGFC will not discriminate against any employee on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis made illegal by the laws of the United States or of the State of Minnesota.
OLGFC 616 11th St. Worthington MN 56187 | 507.376.6338 | email@example.com